I read the book “The Way of Qigong, The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing” by Kenneth S. Cohen a while ago and came across a brilliant passage on DHEA. DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is the most abundant steroid found in the human body. It is required for sex hormone synthesis and is found in equal concentrations in both the brain and adrenal cortex. High levels of DHEA have been correlated with youthfulness, less disease, and a stronger immune system. DHEA production is at its highest in one’s twenties and then steadily declines. It can decline faster with added stress levels. Low DHEA has been linked with cancer, diabetes, obesity, hypertension, allergies, heart disease and most autoimmune diseases.
Like DHEA, Jing energy or sexual qi, is also found in the adrenals and brain, and is an indicator of sexual vitality and resistance to disease. Jing is nurtured by quietness and tranquility and is destroyed by hastiness and stress. I’ll let you put two and two together on that one! ;)
How can we increase DHEA levels to stay young and vibrant as we age? By reducing stress, practicing meditation or Qigong, yoga, etc… and SUNBATHING! Ukrainian physicists have found that human DNA vibrates at the same frequency as solar energy: 52 to 78 billion cycles per second. There is a resonance between solar energy and DNA, one acting as a tuning fork for the other. Sunlight stimulates the production of DHEA and is a major factor in maintaining life force or qi.
What to do with this knowledge? Go outside and sunbathe! Meditate! RELAX and trust that it’s all going to be okay. REALLY! It is! So stop stressing! Know that YOU have the power to heal yourself, heal others and heal this world. YOU are the master of your body, mind and spirit. YOU have the power to place your attention only on that which serves your highest good. YOU have the power to focus your intention on being a divine servant for humanity. YOU have the power to program yourself to only make the highest vibrational choices possible in any given moment. YOU have the power to stay present and let life create miracles through you.
YOU have the power to make the choice to say goodbye to thoughts that aren’t true and are making you unhappy. Make the choice to surrender to the moment and ask yourself, “What do I want to give joy to? What kind of life do I want to create?”
The power is in your hands. How you use your eternal, unbounded power is up to you.
Does a symmetrical face, toned body and shiny white teeth instantly make one beautiful? Of course! If you’re looking at beauty on physical level aligned with the current standards of our dysfunctional system that is. But I prefer to look a little deeper into the very core of my fellow humans, to their essence. For me, beauty encompasses so much more than the physical. It’s a vibration we naturally carry when we’re in touch with our hearts.
The heart functions similar to our brain and, in fact, produces an electromagnetic field about 60 times more powerful than the one our own brain produces. Our heart’s electromagnetic field can be detected and measured several feet away from a person’s body. It’s the first impression we receive when we come into contact with someone new. Their emotional frequency literally hits us and we feel what kind of thoughts and emotions that person is carrying.
A person who is in touch with their true self will radiate love out into the world. No matter what their physically appearance is, they will be beautiful to others. Confidence is by-product of being connected to spirit. Expressing joy and celebrating this life uninhibitedly is beautiful and reminds others of their natural frequency of innocence and purity.
It’s that innocence, that connection to spirit that emanates from baby animals, from flowers and plants that causes us to stop and marvel in wonder. Anything that grows and moves and lives in alignment with its true essence will be beautiful to others. So if beauty is important to you, firstly ask yourself, who am I at my core? What do I love giving joy to? What fills me with a sense of gratitude? Focus on maintaining that vibration and beauty will be your natural state of being.
Everyone is born with a unique physical, emotional, mental and spiritual composition. I believe that we chose our birth date and time, our parents and this life to learn specific lessons. Our natal charts can help us remember what those lessons are. Each zodiac sign will have strengths and weaknesses which will further help facilitate spiritual growth. On a physical level, each zodiac sign is associated with a body part. For example, Aries, the first sign of the zodiac, is associated with the head. This makes them extremely quick thinkers, but on the other hand, can also lead to mental stress. Aries will often have large foreheads or a strong face in general.
What makes you unique?
Beauty is a frequency, but of course there is a physical component to it. A tree that winds its way up to the sky is beautiful because its flowing with nature, dancing to its unique dance. That dance will be different for every tree, every animal, every person. According to your zodiac sign and your birth chart, you will have certain strengths which you have already mastered in previous lifetimes and can fall back on. There will be traits about you which people will naturally be drawn to if you learn to hone them.
A way to discover what makes you uniquely beautiful, is to look to your Venus in your birth chart. What House Venus resides in, associated with a particular zodiac sign, will show you what body part makes you beautiful. Sometimes this can be taken literally. At other times, this can point to a particular talent associated with a body part.
The Houses in your natal chart range from 1 to 12 and line up with the signs of the zodiac. Venus, planet of love and beauty, feels especially comfortable in the Houses 2, 4, 5 and 11 because these Houses represent fun, luxury and enjoying life. So if you have your Venus in one of these houses, being sensual probably comes naturally for you. You may be more on the materialistic side or be drawn to a career in the arts.
To find out what House your Venus lives in, calculate your birth chart for free here: http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal
Once you know what House your Venus is in, check the list below to find out what makes you uniquely attractive to others:
The 1st House, associated with Aries, rules the forehead, eyes, face and brain. You will have a beautiful head if your Venus is in this House. That might translate to mind for some of you. The 1st House is your Ascendant, the first impressions people make of you. It’s your ego, your physical appearance, so if your Venus is in this House, your physical appearance will be vastly important to you. You will work hard to maintain an attractive appearance or keep up with an ego. People will be magnetically drawn to you and you will make friends easily.
The 2nd House, associated with Taurus, rules the neck, throat, thyroid gland, larynx, chin, lower jaw, ears, tongue, vocal chords, jugular vein and tonsils. If you have your Venus in this house, you will have a beautiful face or speak beautiful words. Your neck will be attractive to others. The 2nd House represents survival and our physical body. It’s likely that if your Venus is in this house, people will be attracted to you because of how you carry yourself. It’s likely that you will be materialistic. Shiny things make you feel happy and beautiful. Being sensual comes easily to you.
The 3rd House, associated with Gemini, rules the hands, fingers, arms, shoulders, upper ribs, lungs, bronchial tracts, trachea, thymus gland, nerves and nervous system. If Venus is in this House, you will most likely be very expressive with your hands or have a beautiful singing voice. The 3rd House represents direct communication with your environment, so you may be a gifted speaker as well.
The 4th House, associated with Cancer, rules the breasts, breastbone, stomach, digestive system, lower ribs, womb and pancreas. If Venus is in this House, you will have good digestion! Cancer can also represent the hands, so if your Venus is in this House, you may be excellent with your hands, very mechanically-inclined. The 4th House represents your deepest self, your childhood and home. Venus loves being in this house. It’s likely that you will spend time creating a beautiful home to live in that will attract others to you. Your home and connectedness to your family is what makes you beautiful. And if you’re a lady, you probably have nice breasts!
The 5th House, associated with Leo, rules the heart, upper back, spine, spleen and the aorta. Your passion for life is what makes you beautiful if your Venus falls in this House. Venus loves being in the 5th House. If you imagine Venus as a princess all dressed up, what does that princess want to do? Go out, have fun, enjoy life! Venus in this House means you will be extremely creative. People will be attracted to your sheer joy for life. Physically, you will have good posture.
The 6th House, associated with Virgo, rules the sympathetic nervous system and the lower digestive tract. The 6th House represents our health and daily routine. In the 6th House, you’ve mastered your physical and emotional needs and want to give back to the world. Having Venus in this House automatically makes you a nurturer drawn to animals or nature. Your golden heart is what others find attractive about you. Your connection to your gut or intuition will draw in people as well.
The 7th House, associated with Libra, rules the lower back, kidneys and adrenal glands. If your Venus is in this House you will have great posture. The 7th House rules partnerships of all kinds. What makes you attractive to others is your ability to relate to people. Being sensual will come easily to you as Libra is ruled by Venus. Your diplomacy and sense of justice attracts intelligent people into your life.
The 8th House, associated with Scorpio, rules the genitals, bladder, cervix, urinary tract and prostate gland. You have attractive genitalia and may spend extra time grooming yourself. Good for you! The 8th House represents transformation, death and renewal. Venus in this House may make you an excellent investigator. Your ability to see the truth, to see into situations or people, will be attractive to others. Your intensity will attract others.
The 9th House, associated with Sagittarius, rules the liver, hips, thighs, pelvis and the femur. Venus in this placement means you have sexy thighs! The 9th House is where we get the answers to life’s questions. Your curiosity and knowledge makes you attractive to others. You will most likely draw in a variety of sexual partners from all over the globe!
The 10th House, associated with Capricorn, rules the bones, joints, knees and teeth. If Venus is in this position, you will be blessed with strong bones and beautiful teeth. The 10th House is your Midheaven, your public face, your calling in life. With Venus in this House, you’re naturally attracted to authority and people respect you for that. Others are attracted to your power or position in life. Your stability is attractive.
The 11th House, associated with Aquarius, rules the circulatory system, ankles, Achilles heel, calves and shins. You have sexy ankles! Congrats! On a deeper level, your grounded-ness is appealing to others. The 11th House is where we take our dreams and turn them into reality, by branching out and networking with people from all over the world. If Venus is in this House, your grand ideas will be attractive to other people. Your ability to connect and use technology to better the planet will draw others in.
The 12th House, associated with Pisces, rules the feet and the immune system. You will likely have overall good health, which will attract others to you. The 12th House represents the martyr, the egoless self. If your Venus falls in this House, you have a beautiful, sensitive, creative soul that attracts other spiritual, artistic people.
When your skin is stimulated through massage, it releases a pharmacy of healing chemicals that have health-promoting effects on your physical body. Regular massages helps detoxify the body's tissues, increases circulation and enhances immune functioning. Instead of heading down to the pharmacy the next time you breakout… turn to the pharmacy that exists within your own skin!
This massage can be performed while sitting or standing, with oils or not. Make sure your hands are nice and clean before you begin. Each exercise should be performed 10 times. This routine will leave you with a glowing youthful complexion and a sharper senses. I like to perform this routine at morning time because it helps wake me up!
To begin the Qigong Massage:
1. Rub your hands together to create a warmth. Lightly circle your palms over your face. Run your hands over your scalp as well.
2. Take the back of your hand and rub it across your forehead. This will help massage away your worry lines.
3. Place your middle finger on each side of your mouth. Run it up along the sides of your nose in a straight line up to your hairline. This will help clear your sinuses and has a healing effect on the large intestine.
4. Close your eyes. Take your middle finger and circle around your eyes, pressing lightly into the bone. Your hands should each be making circles, one clockwise and one counterclockwise. After ten circles, switch directions and repeat.
5. After circling your eyes, rub your palms together and then place them over your closed eyes. Enjoy the warmth for a few minutes and then open your eyes once more.
6. Stimulate your gums by tapping around your mouth and cheeks.
7. Place the back of your hand underneath your chin and rub. This will help improve circulation and keep your neck firm. It will strengthen your immune system and increase qi flow to you lymph glands.
8. Take hold of your ear lobes and gently rub.
9. Place your palms over your ears and grab the back of your ear with your fingertips. Pull forward until your palm lifts off your ear. According to acupuncture, points affecting every part of the body can be found on the ears.
10. Rub your hands together once more to generate a warmth. Then lightly place your palms over your ears and tap the back of your head. This is called Tapping the Heavenly Drum.
11. To close the massage, circle your palms over your face and scalp until you feel warm, refreshed and ready for your day.
Often we make the mistake of thinking that we need another person to feel safe, to feel lovable. And over and over again, we are disappointed. We come to find that no other being on this planet is ever going to make us feel the love we are seeking. That love, of course, is within us. The things we’re seeking for the emotions they bring, they too are within us. And the secret to finding joy, peace, happiness and love is to stop seeking entirely and to embody that which we seek, Now.
When you love yourself, everything in your external reality falls into place. When you realize you’re already perfect and need nothing to feel secure, everything you desire comes naturally to you. I’m a big fan of self-love, but I’ve realized that word can cause confusion. What exactly is the self? What self am I referring to? Often we think of our self as our body, image, etc. So instead of practicing loving your self, love your being. Fall in love with your own heart. Here’s how:
1. Set a daily intention for your heart to be in charge. Refuse to dwell in the past or long for an imaginary future. Refuse to be a victim of circumstance and know that you are a creator. You have chosen to come to this planet to bring light into this world, to have a human experience, to be in form, to learn and grow through love. And while your mind will want to label things as negative, ultimately all is consciousness. All is one. All simply is. With this knowing, there is no reason to fear the unknown, to fight the moment, for in truth, you are choosing it. Choose to be the observer of your self and your life. Know that all experiences you are choosing for your own growth. Running from “negative” experiences will not allow you grow, which is what you came here to do. Definition of insanity! Why reject the moment, when it’s you’ll ever have? Enter deeply into the Now and stop thinking. Trust in your inner wisdom. Trust that all the answers are within you. You don’t need to spend a lifetime seeking or attaining knowledge. Being here and experiencing is enough. Go outside and plunge your fingers into the dirt. Run wild into the sea. Climb mountains, jump off cliffs. Get lost in nature. By doing so, you’ll learn more about the nature of realty than a book will ever be able to provide.
2. Meditate. Sitting in silence, even for 5-10 minutes a day to start allows you to observe your mind and emotions, and choose what programs you want to run in the system that is your body. The simple act of closing your eyes and observing your breath allows you to connect to the formless part of you that does not fear time nor change. Becoming the observer of your self brings you the solace you seek in external circumstance. By feeling and knowing that in truth, when all thoughts cease, you are only left with your consciousness, a loving presence, you are then much more able to bring that loving presence into your daily life.
3. Choose healthy foods. In my experience, eating a diet high in protein and healthy fats is extremely sustainable. Your brain, which is 60% fat, requires fat to regenerate itself. Healthy fats insulate your neurons’ connecting wires and allow for better cognitive functioning. Switching over to a fat-based diet has given me an extreme clarity that I was previously lacking. Incorporating lots of raw food, green food, fresh veggies and fruits on top of the protein and fat is ideal. Raw foods from the earth are alive and contain vibrant qi which nourishes the body. Plant food is high vibrational food that feeds your physical form as well as your energetic body. Plant foods contain the amino acid, tryptophan, which is transformed into the neurotransmitter serotonin, responsible for keeping you happy! So eat your raw plant foods! And keep your stress low. Stress, toxins, low ATP and free-radicals can disrupt this process and keep you stuck in depression. Your body is the vehicle for your consciousness. Treat it like a temple!
4. Exercise. Go outside! There is no better way, in my opinion, to release stagnant energy and lift your spirits. Even going for a daily walk will boost your endorphins and reconnect you to nature. In our modern day society, at least in the Western World, we spend most of our time indoors, and when we do go outside, we wear rubber-soled shoes. We’ve become disconnected from the earth itself. As a result, we’re often centered in our heads, caught up in our thoughts, suffering. If you want to stay on a loving vibration, take off your shoes, connect to the earth beneath your feet and go for a run. I assure you, your problems will seem miniscule in comparison to joy that begins to arise within your being upon doing so.
5. Compliment yourself! Perform an Ayurvedic Self-Massage, an “Abhyanga” or “self-abhy.” This ancient practice of anointing yourself with oil from head to toe will help you fall in love with your body. All too often on the spiritual journey we forget to be thankful for the beautiful form that we’re in. Daily massage will decrease the effects of aging, lubricate your joints, improve your circulation, assist in the elimination of toxins, calm your nerves, improve your skin and hair, increase stamina, and the list goes on. On top of the massage, feel free to actually tell each part of your body that you love it and are thankful for it. When you practice loving yourself, it becomes effortless to love others.
“The body of one who uses oil massage regularly does not become affected much even if subjected to accidental injuries, or strenuous work. By using oil massage daily, a person is endowed with pleasant touch, trimmed body parts and becomes strong, charming and least affected by old age”
Charaka Samhita Vol. 1, V: 88-89
(One of the Great ancient texts of Ayurveda)
6. Celebrate the little things! If you share a laugh with someone while out grocery shopping or doing some other “mundane” activity, celebrate that! Being able to look into another’s eyes and recognize them on a core level, and share a smile together… to me, that IS wealth. So celebrate the fact you are already wealthy and free to enjoy life Now!
I've decided to give away a recipe book I wrote a while ago for FREE to all the students who sign up for my new e-course. Check out the course here. It's a 2 week e-course all about connecting to your greatest joy and expressing it fearlessly! It starts on Nov. 22nd, 2014 so sign up while you can! Sign up will be closed on Nov. 21st, 2014.
The recipe book I'm giving away for free with the course is called Super Awesome Superfood Recipes.
Yes, I had to choose an epic name haha! It contains nutritional and historical information of 6 more of my favourite superfoods: quinoa, maca, matcha, cacao, spirulina and raw honey. I've included 3 recipes for each superfood, so there's 18 recipes in total. All of them are vegan and most of them are raw. Want to see how to make my Raw Cacao Grab-N-Go Energy Bars? Check the video below:
Superfoods are truly amazing. They not only work to provide us with proper nutrition, but actually help to maintain the homeostasis of our bodies. They keep us balanced, healthy and happy.
The recipes in my free e-book are:
- Raw Cacao Grab N’ Go Energy Bars
‐ Cacao Mexican Mole Sauce
‐ Raw Cinnamon Nut Log
‐ Raw Sweet Honey Bunny Bites
‐ Candied Butternut Squash
‐ Chocolate Raspberry Honey Pops
‐ Maca‐Mania Protein Shake
‐ Spicy Maca Wraps
‐ Raw Chocolate Maca Mousse
‐ Matcha Fruit Smoothie
‐ Super Green Matcha Spaghetti
‐ Raw Matcha Ice Cream
‐ Raw Spirulina Green Juice
‐ Spirulina Salad
‐ Raw Spirulina Choco‐Mint Pie
‐ Supercharged Quinoa Breakfast
‐ Quinoa Sushi
‐ Coconut Quinoa Pudding