If you’re stuck in a depression and not sure how to get back to feeling good, try out the simple techniques below to instantly raise your vibration.
The vibration we carry is a direct result our posture in combination with the thoughts we give energy to. The truth is simple: If you’re jumping up and down, laughing and clapping your hands together while thinking, “I’m totally awesome and this life rules!” you’re not going to be able to maintain a negative vibration. Staying depressed takes work, but it can be difficult to pull yourself out of a low.
Often we attach to our negative thoughts, emotions, addictions, aversions and behaviours because they make us feel alive. We mistake this sensation for a sense of power and continue to feed it to create an identity that keeps us separate from the whole. Choosing to step into unity isn’t always easy, but it’s the wisest thing that you can do.
Our negative emotions aren’t something to be afraid of. Often we simply feel them because we’re shifting onto a higher vibration. At first a change in vibration and perspective can be uncomfortable, but if we enter into the moment, entirely, we see that we’re exactly where we need to be.
If sadness continues, you can be sure that you’re attaching to it and feeding it with negative thinking. You can think of the “pain body” as a real entity inside of you that feeds off negative energy. Here’s a quote from Eckhart Tolle that will help further elaborate on the pain body:
"The pain-body wants to survive, just like every other entity in existence, and it can only survive if it gets you to unconsciously identify with it. It can then rise up, take you over, "become you," and live through you. It needs to get its "food" through you. It will feed on any experience that resonates with its own kind of energy, anything that creates further pain in whatever form: anger, destructiveness, hatred, grief, emotional drama, violence, and even illness. So the pain-body, when it has taken you over, will create a situation in your life that reflects back its own energy frequency for it to feed on. Pain can only feed on pain. Pain cannot feed on joy. It finds it quite indigestible."
Don’t feed the pain body! Use your emotions as indicators of your focus. If a negative emotion persists, life is trying to get your attention and return you to unity consciousness. Be grateful for the immaculate navigation system that exists within your very Being.
The vibration you’re on directly affects your reality. What you choose to give focus to, you create. You are infinitely powerful, so why not start consciously creating a beautiful world where you don’t have to suffer and constantly fight against life?
10 Ways to Instantly Boost Your Mood:
1. Go outside! Put your feet on the earth. Hug trees. Connect to Mother Nature! Ground your mental energy and balance your chakras instantly.
2. Listen to your favourite music and sing! Dance like a maniac and watch how quickly your mood changes. Dancing and laughing and moving your body, will help get your energy flowing and help dispel toxic qi. It will bring you into the moment and that presence you feel will connect you with the truth of what you are: peace.
3. Get moving! Exercise reduces stress, alleviates anxiety, boosts self-esteem, tones your body, improves sleep, strengthens your heart, lowers blood pressure, strengthens your muscles and bones and makes you happy!
4. Eat healthy! Instead of punishing yourself for eating junk food, just remember to incorporate green food into your diet. Raw, green foods from the Earth are alive and the highest vibrational food we can ingest. Experiment with superfoods. A lot of them are complete proteins which work to boost our immunity, improve our health, and cleanse and alkalize the body.
5. Pamper yourself! If you do nice things for yourself and your body, you’ll entrain into your consciousness that you are deserving of love and respect. If you love yourself, you’ll love others.
6. Aromatherapy! Scents work wonders to shift our mood! My favourite scents to help me relax are: sage, lavender, jasmine, patchouli, sandalwood, chamomile and peppermint! Experiment with various essential oils and see which ones work for you!
7. Crystals! Crystals are conscious. They communicate to one another and can hold a charge. They’re amplifiers of energy and natural batteries. They can be programmed, cleansed, and used to balance the chakras. Everyone reacts differently to crystals. The key is to experiment with them and find the ones that suit your needs best. Try clear quartz, selenite, citrine or kyanite to cleanse your energy body and restore qi to your vital organs. These crystals never require cleaning.
8. Meditate! Sometimes we don’t have enough energy to feel good. During the day we send off random frequencies with our thought forms. When we enter into meditation, we stop thinking and are able to receive cosmic qi, which works to heal our body, mind and spirit.
9. Breathe deeply! When you place awareness on your breathing and take in slow, conscious breaths, you’ll see that you immediately feel better. Try holding your breaths for a few seconds. The air we breathe is filled with precious life energy. When we’re present, not thinking and practicing yogic breathing, we can’t maintain a negative vibration.
10. Let your inner child run the show! Ask your heart what it truly wants. And follow your inspiration. You don’t need to know where your excitement is going to take you. Enjoy the adventure, this game that we call life. Never let go of your childlike innocence and know that the learning is never over.